Sunday, February 20, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #5

 Copyright Troubles......

Week of 2/14 - 2/20 (#4 of 4)

    When imagining what my film opening will look like, there is one aspect that can make or break the entire project. This aspect is sound. Sound allows the viewer to understand where the film is taking place and how the environment acts in relation to the main character. Considering this I knew that when it comes to my own Portfolio Project's audio, it has to contain details that elicit a specific emotion from the viewer. I wanted my film to have an eerie feel throughout which makes the character feel uneasy and uncomfortable. To create this effect I decided to choose a song from the 1950s to 1960s time range. After narrowing down my choices I landed on the song "Beyond the Sea," by Bobby Darrin. I believe this song fits the theme of the film because it takes place on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean, hence, the Sea. 

The video Explains how Sound Design affects a Film. 

    Now comes the hard part. The part that makes every filmmaker want to rip their own hair out. Getting the Rights to the song. In today's technological world, everything has copyright. Whether that be a Picture, video, or even in our case a song. This means that the individual requesting to use the song must contact the record label that produced the exact song and artist. In my case, the Label that I will be negotiating with is the "Warner Music Group." This label is well known for producing Ed Sheeran, Madonna, and even our artist Bobby Darrin. I found their contact number and I plan on calling them soon. I will be sure to explain to them that I will not be using the song to make any profit and that it is for a school project. I am eager to see what their response is and hopefully I will be able to use the song I requested.

A video that explains how Music Copyrights Work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment