Saturday, February 19, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #4

 3D MODELING AHHH!!

Week of 2/14 - 2/20 (#3 of 4)

In order to get the picture I imagine in my head into my actual film I will have to use a practice called 3D Modeling. Due to me not being able to fly Sadly :(, I will need to utilize another method in order to get the various exterior shots of the plane flying through the air and exploding. 3D modeling is the process of creating a 3D representation of any surface or object by manipulating polygons, edges, and vertices in simulated 3D space. Being that I never have done this before, I can imagine that it will not be the easiest act to carry out. There is a very useful youtube video that explains the specific process of how to use the program. When I fly next I plan on taking a 3D scan of the airplane that I will use in my film. Then after uploading it to my computer, I will use a program called Blender, Which is used for creating 3D animations. 

Example of what "Blender's" Workspace looks like.

    When it comes to video production, I know that filming and editing are the most important aspects. They also take the longest time. This is why before I start the production phase I will plan each shot using a storyboard. The film will open showing the main character on a deserted beach. After finding out where he crashed landed he lets out a loud scream. The camera moves in towards his mouth and the film rewinds showing the same Pilot walking towards his plane. This flashback lets the viewer see what the lost man is hallucinating about. 

Where most of the film will be Shot/Filmed.



No comments:

Post a Comment