Thursday, March 3, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #10

 Beacon TV Partnership!

Week of 3/1 - 3/6 (#1 of 3)

  BECON (Broward Education Communications Network) is the media production and support operation for Broward County Public Schools (BCPS). They mainly focus on video production, engineering support, classroom equipment maintenance and repair, print services, and distance learning coordination and support. "Short Cuts," a sub-group of BECON is a television program created to showcase short videos and films created by high school students in the tri-county area of South Florida (Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach). For our case, this means despite not being in Television Production, we can still utilize the help of this organization.

"Short Cut's T.V." logo.

    Like I said in a previous blog post, the quality and look of a film help make it seem more professional. This is why it will be in my best interest to use a high-quality camera. But there is one issue, where would I find a camera. I myself am not a millionaire and I can not simply afford a multi-thousand dollar camera just for my one Alice Media Project. This is where BECON comes into play. After talking with one of their representatives, I received the opportunity to use their camera gear for the filming and production of my project. This great opportunity comes with one limitation. I can only rent the gear for up to one week due to the increased demand of Aice Media and Television Production students requesting to use the gear. This means that my filming timeline is shrunk down and heavily condensed. My updated Filming schedule is Below which explains what I am going to do next.

Up-Dated Project Schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment