Friday, March 11, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #14

 Change is Coming...

Week of 3/7 - 3/13 (#2 of 3)

    As I start the first steps of my production phase there are some changes I would like to make before we start. First off, after many hours of trial and error, I realized that 3D modeling might not be the most efficient way to create my film. Between trying to use the special scanning app and transferring it to Blender it wouldn't work no matter how many times I tried. In the beginning, I tried scanning a model plane just to see if the program really worked. After waiting for the images to transfer and mesh together, the model I got was scratchy and had many holes where the program could not fill in any information. Also for the scan to even commence I would have to take over 500 photos of the full-scale plane. Given that I don't have an infinite amount of storage on my phone, it became apparent to me that this method will not be useable.

Type of view the audience will get.

To overcome this challenge, I decided to cut out the various parts using 3D modeling and replace them with actual shots of the plane mid-flight. To obtain these different shots and angles I will use my GoPro Hero 9 camera. This durable, Versatile, action camera is used by many to obtain certain shots that a regular DSLR wouldn't be able to film. The camera will be attached to various mounting points located on the Wing, Horizontal Stabilizer/ Elevator, and inside the cockpit. This will give the audience a view that they have most likely not seen before. This is why, despite losing the ability to implement the 3D render/model, I believe that my film will still look cinematic and professional thanks to the use of the GoPro and the new possibilities.

The GoPro that will be used to film the exterior of the plane.


    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment