Saturday, February 26, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #8

 The Gear Makes Everything!

Week of 2/20 - 2/27 (#3 of 4)

    When looking at modern-day movies and how they look to the viewer, there are many different aspects to consider when looking at the big picture. (Pun Intended) Some of these aspects include Video Resolution, Color Grading, and even Frames Per Second. To get the right look for your specific film different types of equipment can be used. Cameras can vary from Action Cameras such as GoPros to full-scale cinema Cameras such as The Blackmagic Design Ursa Mini Pro which shoots at a whopping 12K. (12,000 Pixels!!) Each camera has its own purpose and I will utilize both types of Cameras in my film. Not exactly though given that the Ursa Mini Pro Costs $6,000 Dollars. 

Video Camera Frame Rate Explained. 

    I want my film to look like a full-on professional movie. To achieve this look I will use many types of cameras for filming. I will use my own GoPro Hero 9 that will be attached to the exterior of the plane so that the viewer can feel like they are a part of the action. For the more cinematic shots filmed inside the plane and throughout the film opening, I will use a Canon XA40. This camera is great for filming movies because it films at 60fps making the video smooth and easy to watch. The last form of equipment I will use is a UAS (Unmanned Ariel System) such as a DJI Mavic Air or my custom Racing Drone. This will allow me to show the location of the filming to the audience. 
Type of Drone that will be used for Filming.


No comments:

Post a Comment