Sunday, March 13, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #15

 Filming Day One!

Week of 3/7 - 3/13 (#3 of 3)

    As we transition into a new phase of my project, the filming stage, we need to consider the different aspects that might give us a hard time. The most prominent of these obstacles include the weather. Our film, being shot outside and around an airplane, means that weather is a big limiting factor. Today, March 13, was the first day I was planning to film. The night before I got all my camera gear ready, the batteries were charged, the SD cards were empty and formatted, and I was ready to follow my storyboard. When I woke up in the morning I opened my window and checked the METAR (The Aviation Routine Weather Report) to see what the latest wind was and what the radar picked up. To my surprise, there were winds gusting 27kts and clouds all around. 

Example of a METAR report for the Nearest Airport

    This meant that I had to make a decision. Either continue the flight and risk my safety so I can get the shots, or Play it safe and stay on the ground. Given that I am a responsible Pilot I decided to wait to fly and just get B-roll shots on the ground. Despite this minor setback I still made the trip productive. This being said, I had to schedule the plane for another day this week pushing my Island Filming Day back. In the beginning, I gave myself extra time just in case something like this happened and I'm pretty thankful I did. Here are the various shots I filmed so far. It may not seem like a lot but given the circumstances I faced I know I will get more shots soon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment