Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #19

 Spins for days!

Week of 3/21 - 3/27 (#1 of 3)

    Ah yes, another full successful day of filming. On today's shoot, there were only a couple shots that I needed to film to finish the flight portion of my film opening. The two main shots I needed were the Plane starting up and, "Drum Roll Please....." "THE SPIN." Yes, you heard that right In real life (Controlled) Spin of the Plane. I woke up that morning ready for the large task ahead of me. I traveled to the airport and made sure all of my camera gear was charged. Once I arrived at the plane, I made sure to attach my GoPro To its respective mount. Before taxi, I made sure to get the multiple shots I needed of the plane starting up, which consisted of multiple angles. 

GoPro Angle During Takeoff.

    Now it's time. I received my clearance to depart to the west towards the everglades. I was cleared to take off from Runway 10R and to make a right turn heading 270 Degrees (West). Once flying into the everglades training area at 2,000 ft I started looking around for where I will achieve this maneuver. This specific maneuver needs to be completed at 5,000 ft or more. This is because a ton of altitude can be lost in a very short amount of time. After scouting the area, I realized that the cloud layer is too low so finding a new location would be my best bet. I changed my flight path and started heading for the Atlantic ocean. This is because the cloud line usually stops after passing the coast. I climbed to 6,000 ft and performed the maneuver successfully obtaining the shot.  

GoPro View During Spin.


No comments:

Post a Comment