Sunday, March 20, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #18

 Costuming and Schedule Changes

Week of 3/14 - 3/20 (#3 of 3)

    In order to make my film opening look and feel more immersive, I decided to research methods that other filmers have used in the past. One method I came across was makeup. Makeup can be used to contribute to the realness of a film. It also is a sound way to complement the specific costuming used in a scene. For this reason, I believed that using not specifically makeup but using fake blood would be a great addition to the opening scene of my film opening. The main character washes up on a deserted island after crashing his plane. To give the audience this idea of disaster without telling them I will rip up my pilot outfit and pour blood on the shirt and face of the character indicating that they got cut up. This will help drive the main idea and help the plot be easier to understand. 


First Test of Fake Blood.

    Another major change coming soon to a theatre near you is scheduling. Given that today is March 20th and the Aice Media Portfolio Project is due on April 4th I only have about 2 weeks to complete the rest of my project. Yes, I'll admit this deadline is causing me some stress. This is why I am going back to my original Calendar and updating it. In the beginning, I did account for missing a couple days and not being able to film but I never thought this much delay would happen. After this project is over I will definitely be giving the clouds the stink eye. In the end, I know my mission, and I know I will get the needed shots by the deadline, No matter what.
    
New Updated Schedule


No comments:

Post a Comment