Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #2

 Action/Thriller Genre Research

Week of 2/14 - 2/20 (1 of 4)

What makes an Action Movie/Film...

An Action/Thriller film uses physical action to create suspense throughout the entire film. Similar to a traditional Action film, this film type will always have continuous motion and action including physical stunts, chases, fights, battles, and races. When theses scenes are put together they contribute to the overall sense of danger that the protagonist has to face. Thrillers often carry out a single motive throughout the entire story. They are very plot driven films which contain many unexpected plot twists, and great amounts of tension.


Example: "Die Hard" (1988) is a great example of Action/Thriller film containing many twists and turns.

How my film will fit the Genre...

My film opening will fit into the Action/Thriller Genre by including great amounts of fast paced scenes, Explosions, fights, and even many unexpected plot twists. As i am narrowing down my options for deciding how my film opening will play out I need to consider the many aspects that I need to add so that viewers can understand the story. The motive of the main character needs to be easily viewable for the audience while keeping them on their toes with plot twists and unexpected events. I am eager to see how my film will play out and how I will implement these different aspects into my Aice Media Portfolio Project Film Opening.

This video helped me learn how I will create Suspense In my Film Opening...

Other Action/Thriller Movie Examples...

Example: Inception (2010)


Example: Terminator 2 (1991)


No comments:

Post a Comment