Saturday, March 19, 2022

Aice Media Portfolio Project - Blog Post #17

 Wheels up....!

Week of 3/14 - 3/20 (#2 of 3)

    Alright, here we go, finally a perfect day we can get some quality footage. The cameras were charged...again, the plane was rented and fully fueled, and most importantly I was ready to go. South Florida is known to have large scattered cumulonimbus clouds/heavy precipitation in the afternoon, this is why I decided to book the plane from 9:00A.M. to 12:00P.M. Leaving the house was a bit of a struggle for me lol, this is because I was dressed in my pilot costume and of course, all of my neighbors were outside staring me down. As I traveled over to the airport I ran a mental checklist in my head. This list included, along with my Aviation Checklists, what specific shots I needed to film for that specific flight and how I will obtain those shots. 

The Main Character in His Pilot Uniform.
   
One of the shots that will be used in the film.

    I walked to the plane and did my many various steps to make sure the plane was fit for flight. After making sure everything was up to par, I switched modes so I could focus on getting some different shots before starting the aircraft. These shots include the actor walking towards the plane and getting it ready. Once I was finished with these different shots I hoped into the plane and started it all up. I Received clearance from Air Traffic Control that I was cleared for a westbound Departure. Because I set up my GoPro on the exterior of the plane, I didn't have to do anything in order to get footage of the plane taxing and taking off. Once in the air, I made sure to get a plethora of footage including video of the different instruments and views outside the plane. This footage will help me in the end when I am editing if I need more footage of the plane flying.  

The flight Plan That I flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment